Thursday, November 17, 2011

Why did I teach my daughter to read!?!

Hi. My name is Grace and I am addicted to books. 
Ha, you're thinking no surprise there. Well I have proof. May I present exhibit A.

Exhibit A, books bought  from the Fluvanna County Library book sale.
You can't count them all but there are 38 books. THIRTY EIGHT. The book sale only lasted 4 days. Unfortunately the remaining books not bought at the book sale are 25 cents a piece and available until Thanksgiving. So of course when I returned the books I borrowed for free I had to buy more.

I bought everything from trashy romances to vivid non-fiction to American classics. I'm not picky. This particular trip got me 25 paperbacks for 4 dollars. I think she cut me a deal because I must have looked like an angel of mercy when I arrived at the check-out desk with books stacked to my nose.

I can't promise I'll read them all. If they're horrible I'm going to donate them right back. 
The title is an actual quote from my dad.
He got tired of moving my books every time I relocated.
Love, Grace


2 comments:

  1. I am not as bad as you lol But my books were the first thing I packed and are most of my boxes I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have entirely too many AND I keep buying more. I only wish I had a job that let me read more. It's the only thing I miss about not working. That and my dog.

    ReplyDelete