Wednesday, October 26, 2011

A House is not a Home Without a Pet!

I knew that taking this job was going to tug at my heart strings every day. I wish I could adopt every single animal, take them home, love them and snuggle them. But then I'd be divorced, unemployed, and the star of an episode of Confessions: Animal Hoarders. Hey there Animal Planet! I'm pretty sure the SPCA wouldn't appreciate that.

But there are 2 furry babies that have captured my heart. JUST TWO!!! Can't we save JUST TWO, or four, or sixteen. It's a down hill cycle. Luckily my husband sees that.

Haleigh, up for adoption soon.
I am hoping that since I can't adopt them, someone loving will so that I know they went to a great home.

To the right, is Haleigh. She's new to our shelter and will soon be up for adoption. I call her my mini Charlie. She's so sweet and very affectionate. Oh please won't you take her home with you.

My other love-bug is BeBe. He's an orange tiger kitten. As soon as I take him out of his cage he's an instant purr box. Like Quaker Oats, "just add love".

Ahem, *Lifting right hand*

I Grace, promise to not flood my blog with photos and sob stories of fur babies that need homes.

But these two, would already be home if I could.

Please forgive the weird way Haleigh and I are (both, even weirder) looking off to the right. Stupid phone.

If you can't adopt a baby, please donate to the SPCA so we can continue to help these wonderful animals find their forever homes. You can visit www.caspca.org for more info!

Love,
Grace

I also found this quote. Proof that my cat is plotting revenge:

"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshiped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this."

4 comments:

  1. When I saw the picture I thought it was Charlie as first! She's adorable! I would want to take them all home too. I really miss having a dog :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. She came in a few days before I started. Little girl makes my heart melt. She looks just like a mini Charlie. One of these days I'll have to post a picture of him. I'm going to wait until he does something silly enough to warrant his own post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! I don't know if I could have that job--I feel the same as you when it comes to animals! I would want every single one of them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great job!! But yikes it must be hard to keep from taking them home, or worrying about them when you aren't there!

    ReplyDelete