Wednesday, October 19, 2011

The Mystery of Shakespeare!

Anonymous the movie
Here we have it, Hollywood's answer to the timeless question, was Shakespeare a fraud? In all honesty, it's been a few hundred years. If the man who wrote these plays allowed Shakespeare to title them as his own, then voila, he obviously didn't want anyone to know.

I stumbled upon this great article by Alex Knapp from Forbes Magazine  Yes, Shakespeare Really Did Write Shakespeare. He's the entire reason for this post. I love learning new things. Especially if I can sprout off impressive remarks about 16th century England. Alex, you've now made me that girl who smugly recites annoying facts to her friends. It's like spilling soda on them during previews and now they're uncomfortable the entire movie. Hence why I love this article so much. It doesn't ruin the movie, it just makes you a very smug movie goer. It leaves you with the ability to enjoy the movie without doubt.

I say, folks, quit reading signs in the sky for the end of days, quit trying to hunt down the Easter Bunny, and for goodness sake, let the man have his glory.

Ultimately it's for you to decide. Go ahead, give Alex a go. Did he sway you or did he leave you more in doubt?

Love,
Grace

8 comments:

  1. I kind of love being able to recite random trivia :D Are you going to see the movie? The previews kind of make it look like an action movie! They did that to The Adjustment Bureau too; the previews made it seem like non-stop action but it really wasn't. Still enjoyed it though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love, love, love random trivia. Thanks Alex! I enjoy telling people really unrelated fun facts, but this time it actually fits!

    I do want to see the movie. I'm always intrigued by Shakespeare and his lore. I think that even if it's a horrible play on false accusations that it at least should be entertaining, we hope.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'll have to let me know if you see it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know, I have pair of free movie tickets waiting for a good flick. That way if it sucks, I won't be mad that I wasted money, just the hard earned points off my USAA credit card. *Shakes fist.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAHAHA I got a free ticket from our theater after Narnia: Dawn Treader messed up when we saw it so I used it to see The Green Hornet. I would have loved it even if it hadn't been free but that always makes it a little better :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The last movie I saw was 50/50. Worth every penny. I think that a date night with the husband is in order. Maybe I can talk him into celebrating my first day of work with a free movie. Tuesdays are $1 pop corn and soda nights at our theater.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds good to me! The last movie I saw was Lion King :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shannon, to color you amazed, Charlottesville nor it's surrounding areas are playing this movie. The closest location is Washington D.C. Really? We saw Moneyball instead. It was fantastic.

    ReplyDelete