Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween!!!

Halloween is my favorite holiday of the year. 1. You get to pretend you're something else for a few hours. 2. It encourages creativity in adults (also lots of drinking). 3. C-A-N-D-Y. It's the only time of year Matt lets me buy candy, in bulk. Who cares if we only get 3 kids for trick or treating. I have an entire bag of mini snickers calling my name. *High Five!

Charlie as a Ghost, Halloween 2010.
Also, Halloween is an excuse to dress up the dog without Matt questioning my sanity. :) Take for instance last year's debacle. It was a failure partly because of my inept sewing skills and Charlie's unwillingness. However I did snap this quick photo. His tail is wagging but that's only because I'm bribing him with treats.

So this year I have no idea what last minute costume I'll whip up for him, but you can bet it'll be just as bad.

In order for this post not to be a complete waste, I'm leaving you with some fun facts about Halloween I gleamed from our friends at Huffington Post. 

-Americans purchase nearly 600 million pounds of candy a year for Halloween.

-The top selling candy: Candy Corn. Americans purchase over 20 million pounds of it a year, though it is unlikely that every last one of those millions of candies was actually consumed.


-Candy Corn is the most searched-for candy term in Google -- more popular than candy apples, gummy worms and candy pumpkins. Searches for Candy Corn are up 10 pecent from October 2010.

-Out of all 50 states, Alabama searched for candy corn the most!


And to put all of that into prospective Lewis Black once said: The worst thing about Halloween is, of course, candy corn. Candy corn is the only candy in the history of America that's never been advertised. And there's a reason -- all of the candy corn that was ever made was made in 1911.


Love,

Grace

2 comments:

  1. Charlie is the cutest ghost ever and reminds me of the dog from Nightmare Before Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! You got it. I was aiming for Zero. He wouldn't keep the head piece on. :(

    ReplyDelete